Executive Management Coaching and Mentoring
Leadership doesn’t mean “going it alone”. Being a business owner, CEO, MD, business unit manager or senior executive can be a lonely role. In many instances, there is no one to ‘bounce things off’ or to refer to for the more difficult decisions.
The ability to draw on business experience with an impartial view point can be invaluable to assist with ensuring decisions are effective and stand up under scrutiny. Having an external review of one’s mode of operation can lead to enhanced skills and learning that make the tough job of leadership more enjoyable.
It is to address this requirement for impartial, experienced conversation and advice that LSE Consulting offers the Executive Coaching/Mentor (EC/M) Service.
The EC/M Service consists of:
- An initial 2 hour consultation to identify the current situation and the needs of the executive
- An agreed schedule of contact to address the identified needs as follows:
- 1 x 2 hour business review meeting per quarter to assess performance to targets and discuss apparent issues/actions required
- 1 x 1 hour face to face or teleconference meeting per month to review business metrics and leadership/management issues identified
- Telephone and e-mail support over the quarter to allow discussion, advice and mentoring
- Access to LSE Consulting articles, papers and newsletters over the quarter
- Invitation to LSE Consulting events & seminars as they occur from time to time